Wednesday 4 June 2014

A final farewell

     The time has finally come for me to introduce a blog entry topic for the last time. I know, I know; it’s a terrible day indeed. Hopefully you guys aren’t too sad to read what I have to say next. Over the past couple of months I’ve taken you guys on an epic journey through audio recording and playback devices from the early yet-still-in-use turntable to the most recent practice of using digital technology to play music. Every music playing device has its pros and cons which hopefully I’ve gone over in enough detail to make sure that when the time comes for you guys to buy audio equipment you’ll know what to look for. 


     Essentially the point of this blog was to give me an excuse to write about what I’m passionate about, and to hopefully impress upon you guys that same passion. I’m a strong believer that music is not just a collection of various frequency sound waves being played by an oscillating plastic or cardboard cone, but a way to express feelings and sentiments. This is why I’m always listening to music, whether it be at home surrounded by a 10 speaker array or at school with my headphones on during French class. 

     As I mentioned in my introduction, music is the language of the world. It’s what unites us and helps us understand each other. Doesn’t matter if you play music on a crappy iPhone’s speaker or a 1920 phonograph, it’s the same stuff through and through. I hope you guys enjoyed reading my blog. I know I really enjoyed writing it. If you have any questions feel free                                                                                                                                                      to ask them in the comment section or at school, but I guess                                                                                                                                                     that’s it for now. Have a great time writing your research                                                                                                                                                             essays. Good bye. 




(In the event of a mistake, please inform me)



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj84OTvSHdG2TU8oNunWAv5lP-RqNzOHOCDahUGSHHsRcDetALEKnAFYLoXS0Yb3gd7u96nKCrbTzzK5xJJpBUB3aXxZ7gfOopasV0adleNeZO7crXHzi9WQUyDSoM-f7TL-_c-MfVCtUo/s1600/SoundOfMusic_189Pyxurz.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Let me begin with the statement that the picture you chose was perfection. Thank you for getting that song stuck in my head Joel! I did enjoy the originality of your blog and it was apparent that you really did take interest and have a strong belief in what you were saying. The same can not be said for some of the other subjects. You'll notice I mentionned you in a comment on Ben's blog about you being a music addict. However, it isn't a bad thing. You obviously use music as a means of getting through life. I appreciate that in a person. So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, adieu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks to see that this is you last blog post on this topic. I found your blog very interesting and really original! I have to agree with Maddie, the picture really was a good touch to your last blog. I found that you really knew what you were talking about too in all your posts and really caught my attention throughout your blog! It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is quiet nice to have a fellow audiophile and music lover as a friend. I look forward to the future when you and I will argue about who's home theater and speaker system is better (I foresee many dollars being spent in this competition). Anyway, it's been fun. Keep doing you, homedoge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is quiet nice to have a fellow audiophile and music lover as a friend. I look forward to the future when you and I will argue about who's home theater and speaker system is better (I foresee many dollars being spent in this competition). Anyway, it's been fun. Keep doing you, homedoge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good info on a variety of audio topics. I especially liked your chart explaining binary. Good sense of humour throughout.

    Careful on sourcing. Currently your sources are only for your pictures, but where did you get all of your info (rolling for example)?
    A few formatting issues (ex. your last blog) and a touch more opinion would be nice, but a good blog overall.

    ReplyDelete